The Washington DC Alumnae Chapter (WDCAC) hosts fundraisers and seeks sponsorships with community partners to help fund its scholarships to students and various programs that serve to benefit the residents of the District of Columbia. One of the chapter’s signature fundraisers is its Distinguished Men Cookin’ with the Deltas, which has raised over $150,000 for scholarships and other community programs.
Recent and past fundraisers have included a History Makers Calendar that features Deltas who have been impactful in the local metropolitan Washington area, nationally, and internationally as well as a Jabberwock Cotillion that showcased the talents of young ladies while supporting their academic pursuits.
Through its fundraising efforts, WDCAC has been able to implement programs such as:
- Delta GEMS (Growing and Empowering Myself Successfully), which is designed to help young women, between the ages of 14 and 18, to realize their dreams
- EMBODI, a self‐empowering initiative targeted to young men ages 11 to 18
- Entrepreneurship Expo – providing tools and techniques for starting and growing a business
- World AIDS Day Awareness Programs
- Physical and Mental Health Programs