The International Awareness and Involvement Committee strives to increase cultural awareness in the local communities as well as internationally and to have an impact in the international community and make the world a better place by conducting service projects to benefit those in need.
Some Major Past Projects Include:
- Partnered with Malawi Embassy – cultural exchange with ambassador and staff.
- Well Water Project In Malawi – created lavatories with fresh water and hand sanitation
- Bless My Feet Project – raised money for shoes and socks for school children in Sub-Sahara Africa.
- Sanitary Pad Project – Raised funds for sanitary pads for young school age females so they can continue to attend school as they mature as women.
- Movie Screenings- “Where the Water Meets the Sky”-documentary focusing on HIV/AIDS in Zambia showing the impact of this disease and the results; leaving children as orphans and what happens to them and how they survive. “Haiti Where Are We Now?”- another documentary film showing the results of the most recent earthquake in Haiti and what progress has been made over a year later.
For more information please email at: email@example.com